Twitter user JustPlayingHard (@justplayinghard) discovered a new feature that SONY WH-1000XM4 can paired with two devices at the same time.
The new features of SONY WH-1000XM4 found from the analysis results are:
• Always paired with 2 units
• Evolution from DSEE HX to DSEE Extreme
• Cooperation with Google Maps
• A function that automatically changes settings in cooperation with location information?
It goes without saying that pairing with two units at all times seems convenient.
The WH-1000XM4 has also been updated with functions related to automatic adjustment, and automatically adjusts noise canceling based on the position information on the map, and when someone talks to it, it automatically weakens noise canceling and makes it easier to talk. It seems that features such as will be added.
Design of SONY WH-1000XM4:
Compared to the previous model, the WH-1000XM3, the design concept seems to be unchanged. The only difference that you can see at a glance is the ventilation holes in the ear cuffs.
Rumored features and performance
Sony’s new wireless headphone “WH-1000XM4”, whose design seems to change a lot, seems to evolve with a nice feeling inside.
Although much information has not been clarified so far, it seems that the user manual registered at the same time described some functions and specifications.
- Bluetooth 4.2 → evolved to Bluetooth 5.0.
- Power consumption decreased from 8w to 2w.
- 40mm driver. Equipped with MediaTek chip, codec supports SBC / AAC / LDAC
- May not support aptX / aptX HD.
- Battery life of Neucan ON is 36 hours with wired connection.
- Up to 40 hours with Neucan OFF.
- 4 hours more than the previous model.
- A new feature called Speak to Chat.
- Maybe it will be easier to work with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
- Always pair two
- Upgrade from DSEE HX to DSEE Extreme
The big difference that is easy to understand is the power consumption, which is a quarter. The latest chip has excellent power consumption, and the long battery life of up to 4 hours.