1. What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is a family of viruses that can cause a variety of diseases that can be life-threatening, including the common cold and extreme types, SARS and MERS. The virus takes the name for its shape that looks like a crown with protrusions around it.
2. Protection against Corona Virus:
You can protect yourself in the following ways:
- Wash your hands regularly, with either sanitizers, soaps or some Alcohol based disinfectant
- Avoid touching your face, especially the nostrils area with your hands.
- Protect your nostrils by wearing a mask
- When you sneeze or cough, do it on your elbow by bending it, and also bring up the angle as close as possible to your nose and mouth.
- Maintain social distancing with anybody.
- If you feel sick, stay put at home.
- In case you find anyone sneezing or coughing, move away in the opposite direction.
- If you are experiencing fever, cough, call the emergency number of your local hospital.
3. What is the role of immunity?
Immunity can be strengthened in the following ways:
1.Diet improvements: Try to consume low carbohydrate meals since it helps your blood circulation etc.
2. Sleep patterns: Try to sleep at least 7 or 8 hours a day. Anything less will weaken your system and would affect the thought process.
3. Water: Consuming 8 to 9 glasses of water in a day would help as it relaxes your muscles, and keeps the system hydrated.
4. Home exercise: Try to exercise at home. Stretches, yoga, all would help. Forty-five minutes would do.
5. Meditation: Thirty minutes of good, silent meditation, would be a big help.
6. Bad Habits: Try to avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking as much as possible. Give it up totally, as it weakens the system.
There are three types of masks advisable to be worn for COVID-19 prevention. They are
- Homemade cloth face mask: Use these masks in combination with a face shield. See that it covers the entire front and sides of your face along with the chin.
- Surgical mask: These are the disposable ones, loose fittings, but do adequately cover the nose, mouth, and part of the chin.
- N95 respirator: It is a tight-fitting mask and very effective even against the smallest of viruses or bacteria particles by at least 95%, leave alone splashes.